At this instant, I am reading and going over what moves she has – trying to figure out the best combos to use before starting up a game. Damn, she looks complicated. It also looks like she has a few combo options – all of which are going to ruin your day if you’re on the receiving end. Looks like my kinda champ!
I can’t say I’ve never looked at any of these champs before, but it has been a while. I know that playing against Fiora can get out of hand really fast if you don’t shut her down from the start. Deny deny deny the kills! I have only ever played against her as Malphite and I must have been playing with people who didn’t really understand how she worked, because she’s only snowballed against me once. Other times, I’ve seen her carry like nobody’s business. I have noticed she is either really good or really bad and not much in between the two.
The very first time I played her, I elected to take Flash and Teleport. I figured since she had some healing abilities, there was no need to double up. I can see her as a decent assassin as well, so the teleport may come in handy. Flash I can hopefully save to get me away from the gankers through a wall, depending on who I play against. Turns out I should have definitely taken the heal, instead of flash.
– [Before play] Her passive, Duelists Dance – The description used in her Champion ability preview states she “challenges” nearby enemies to “dodge” (?) her. I had to watch the video a couple of times to understand wtf that little golden halo was. It also says if she completes her “challenge” she gets a small bonus. The description does not say what that bonus is. I had to go to the Champion Wiki to get the skinny. It would appear that completing this “challenge” is VERY worth it, and should be looked at like an objective. I can see how this can easily get you into the trouble, though. I can tell you right now, that I’m probably going to concentrate on this too hard.
– [Before Play] I’m guess E>W>Q>R is going to be the go-to combo for taking people out. I can see her all-in is CRAZY STRONG and I’m going to want to lay-low with using my abilities for farming so I can use it against whoever is going to be top lane. I’m actually pretty excited to play her, and I get the feeling that I will probably spend a few games getting to know her a bit better so I can write her a bit more confidently.
– [After play] Well, I had a rougher start than I anticipated. It took me a good few minutes to try to remember how I’ve seen others play. (Before you say something, I normally watch some YouTube vids before diving into a new champ, but I’m attempting to do a true “learn as you go” thing.) I also relied on my teammate to focus champs rather than try to go for both at the same time. I’m not blaming them, because I could have communicated better – such is life. Anyways, her Q makes a good flash replacement and really fun engage. Her passive was pretty much useless in a 2v2 top scenario. I all but forgot about it by the time the game was halfway done.
– She has a decent “kill them by level 2” set up, as long as her health isn’t lower than the enemy’s. I haven’t gotten to play her in a 1v1 top scenario, and I’m not sure I’ll get to until I’m well out of the super low level. By the time I’m not, she probably won’t be free to play. Sadface.
– She’s decently fun to play. Her combos take some practice, but I actually like that.
– Landing her W block takes some good prediction skills. I am happy that it doubles as an attack as well, otherwise that would be too linear of a playstyle for me. I like having options.
– As it stands, I’m not sure I like her ult. Yes, it gives a good boost, but it’s not very final. I’m partial to “landing the final blow” ults, and I think Fiora’s should be something more fitting to that, rather than just making her Q/W/E better for a short time. Yeah, it’s cool that she can heal the team a little if she gets 4 hits on someone or if they die after 1 hit, but I feel like Riot just added that in there to make it less…”meh”.
– Fiora’s ult is very situation. I guess you could say that about any ult, but this one really only feels useful in a few situations. Unless you’re on a voice chat with a teammate, I think the usefulness of this ult really drops without it. I’d like to hear some other people’s thoughts on Fiora’s ult, as it’s very likely I’m missing something…but that comes with only playing her a few times.
Thanks for reading again, folks. Hope you’re enjoying the ride so far. Cheers!